In this camp session we'll examine how to develop custom web applications for Power BI using .NET Core 3.1 and .NET 5. Campers will be introduced to Microsoft's newest authentication library named Microsoft.Identity.Web and will learn best practices for acquiring and caching access tokens in cloud-based development.
What Campers Will Learn:
- Authenticate users and acquire access tokens using Microsoft.Identity.Web
- Develop MVC Web Applications with .NET Core to call the Power BI Service API
- Add Support for Node.js and TypeScript to a .NET Core Web Project
- Create a Client-side View Model for App Workspaces
- Develop with Multi-resource Embed Tokens
To make the most of this session, campers should have prior experience programming with C# and the .NET Framework. It will also be helpful (but not required) for campers to have experience programming in TypeScript and developing with Node.js.