You’re offline. This is a read only version of the page.
- Session 16: Using the Power BI Export API to Generate PDF and Image Files
This session teaches campers how to use the ExportReportToFile API to export reports from a Power BI workspace into commonly-used file formats including PDF, XLSX, CSV, XML, PPTX and PNG. The session explains how to write the code to export both Power BI reports and paginated reports and explains the differences in supported output formats. Campers will learn how to apply filters and bookmarks when exporting a Power BI reports into PDF files for distribution. The session also examines advanced exporting scenarios such as how to export a single visual by itself and how to leverage the ExportReportToFile API in an App-Owns-Data embedding scenario.
What Campers Will Learn:
- Export Power BI Reports to PDF, PPTX and PNG
- Export Paginated Reports to PDF, XLSX, CSV, XML, PPTX, PNG, BMP, GIF, JPG, EMF and MHTML
- Export Power BI Reports using Filters and Bookmarks
- Designing Reports with the Paginated Report Visual
- Export a Single Visual to a PDF, PPTX or PNG
- Use the ExportReportToFile API in an App-Owns-Data Scenario
Campers should understanding the fundamentals of working with the Power BI REST API.
Sesssion Links and Resources